As an independent scientific editor at IEL, you will translate your passion for research communication into practical help and advice that enables our clients to present their work at its best for publication in biomedical science journals.
With your keen eye for scientific detail and passion for learning, you will collaborate directly with our clients to perfect their manuscript drafts and fine-tune their data presentation. You will build close relationships with research teams, becoming like virtual lab members of different groups from around the world.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with authors to truly understand their research topic and help them accurately and effectively communicate their work in word-perfect scientific English
- Write objective reports on manuscript drafts including constructive scientific critique and specific recommendations for improvements
- Support authors in selecting appropriate journals to target with their research
- Work closely with other members of the Insight team in the UK to manage workloads and deadlines
- Enhance Insight’s reputation with your professional and friendly approach to editing, translating into attracting new clients to the business and increasing involvement in Insight’s activities
- Maintain Insight’s international profile by contributing to our social media accounts, science communication and teaching activities
What you’ll bring
- A Ph.D. in biomedical sciences with demonstrated editing and reviewing skills OR a biomedical sciences B.Sc./M.Sc. degree with over 5 years’ experience working at a major scientific publisher
- An ability to work flexibly around client deadlines, and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and word-perfect English writing skills
What we offer
- Industry-leading pay scales that recognise your training and skills and are reviewed annually
- Flexible working arrangements, including part-time and work-from-home options
- Excellent support from our Senior Editors
- The opportunity to develop skills outside of editing and to enhance your CV
- Named recognition of your work in published papers
For consideration for this role, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Insight Editing London to email@example.com.